Exclusive to Navy Wings!
Cdr Nathan Gray was the Fleet Air Arm Senior Test Pilot and the first to both land an F-35B on HMS Queen Elizabeth and to use her ski jump.
Commander Gray has 22 years flying experience, including 10 years on the Harrier, the formidable predecessor to the F-35. He has over 2500 flying hours logged on 40+ aircraft types.
Each model is supplied with an exclusive certificate personally signed by Commander Nathan Gray. This is exclusive to Navy Wings and not available anywhere else.
The F-35B is a staggering technical achievement by any measure and gives the Fleet Air Arm world class capability.
This quality diecast 1/72 model captures all the exact livery details of the aircraft that Cdr Gray flew during trials and when landing on HMS Queen Elizabeth (with variable configurations of munitions and landing gear) and is very much a collector's item rather than a toy.
Includes a FREE copy of Lewis Gaylard's book - VSTOL at Sea.
- True 1/72 scale.
- Professionally painted.
- Great attention to detail.
- All markings are Tampoed (pad applied).
- Option to display the model on a stand that is provided.
- Model can be shown with the landing gear in the down or up positions.
- Optional armament provided.
- Canopy can be displayed open or closed.
- Pilot figure included.
- Extremely heavy metal with a minimum of plastic.
- Highly collectable.